Wooh! I'm finally back, after going through some major laptop issues!! Haven't been online for days, will catch up on your blogs tomorrow!! :$ But the good thing about a spoilt laptop is, I ve lotss of time to bake :) I made so many things!! One of those are these delicious jam squares, to use up all the excess jam I were leftover from these cookies!
And boy, was I glad I made them! So easy, and yet so delicious! My favorite part was where the jam oozed out, and caramelised, it tasted soo good!! Really mouth-watering! The squares were over before I knew it, with my diet-conscious friends eating it up without a care in the world :P! Try these when you don't really feel like baking anything elaborate, and are looking for a quick fix for a craving! Though ofcourse, don't go by me, you can totally make this for company too!!!
Adapted from Allrecipes
6 oz [170 g] raspberry jam - Use whatever you have, I used about 4 oz. of raspberry, and 2 oz. of pineapple! I preferred the pineapple!
1 c [120 g] chopped walnuts
2 1/4 [285 g] flour
1 c [245 g] sugar
1 c [225 g / 2 sticks] butter - I used 3/4 cup, or 1 and 1/2 stick
- Preheat oven to 180 C [350 F]. Grease a 9x11 pan, or divide into 2 smaller pans for different fillings.
- Let butter come to room temperature, and then combine together all ingredients except the jam.
- Press 3/4 of the mixture into the pan, so that it forms a kind of crust.
- This is where you can go crazy. Add whatever jam, filling etc you want to use, just make sure to leave an 1/2 inch border along the sides.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mixture on top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool, and then cut into bars!
Aren't they tempting you? I'm off to eat what's left of them!!