These double chocolate muffins are simply unbeatable! Rich, buttery, chocolatey, and totally satisfying! I make these a LOT! And they are extra special because, they are what introduced me to the Blogosphere. I was once looking for a good recipe, to make for my boyfriend who had requested chocolate muffins! Annd I landed on Meeta's amazing blog! Before that, I had no idea what blogs were, had just heard of them, hers was the first blog I actually saw!
And how! I went through her ENTIRE blog, at a stretch! I was hooked! I then went to soo many other blogs on her blogroll! I read through many of those blogs too, entirely!! I had no idea what a reader was, so I used to check back regularly for new post! Then, I discovered reader, many new blogs along the way, and now, here I am with my own blog! In a way, I owe to blog to her! Thanks, Meeta! xoxo
Double Chocolate Muffins
Adapted from What's For Lunch, Honey
30 g unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
100 g semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup [170 g] semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup [120 g] all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup [210 g] brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup whole milk
1 stick [1/2 cup, 113g] unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 C [350 F]. Grease/line a muffin pan.
- Melt the chopped unsweetened and semisweet chocolates in a double boiler or in the microwave. Allow to cool slightly
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs at low speed, or by hand.
- Add the brown sugar, milk, vanilla and melted butter, stir until incorporated.
- Now pour in the melted chocolate mixture, and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into dry flour mixture.
- Stir until just moistened;, do not over mix. - The batter will be very liquidy. Dont worry!
- Gently fold the chocolate chips into batter, I like to sprinkle a few on top of the muffins as well.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan, only pouring until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 mins, or until mufins test done.
- Cool, and serve. [Though these taste absolutely fantastic warm from the oven]