I never imagined that the classes I'm taking would take over my life in such a way. A few weekends ago, I was all set to go on a trip to the hometown, where 100's of cousins were waiting. BUT it was clashing with class!! And would you believe it, I - who usually miss class like nobody's business - didn't go along with the family for the decorating course!!! THAT'S how much I love it :P
But to compensate not going, I made some stuff to send there, sturdy things, that would last for about a week's travel. I had my first experience with baking and decorating sugar cookies, and I must say, its HARD work! I am in serious AWE of people who do this as their career!!
Since I was sugar cookied out by the end of the 3rd day [that's right, I took 3 days], I made some simple cookies to go along with them! I had made these cookies a longgg time ago, so I simply got out my old recipe book, and whipped them up in less than an hour's time!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
3/4 cup [1 1/2 stick / 170 g] butter
1/2 cup [100 g] granulated sugar
3/4 cup [150 g] light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt - I usually omit this, since I use salted butter
2 1/2 cups [250 g] rolled oats - I uses quick cooking
1 cup [150 g] raisins
- Preheat oven to 180 C [350 F]
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat it all together.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture.
- Add in the oats, and raisins, and mix till incorporated.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheets and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown [Mine took exactly 9 minutes]
- Cool on a cooling rack.
These cookies are FABULOUS! And soo easy to make. I almost always have a few frozen dough balls of this ready to be baked in the freezer. They satisfy all cravings. Just lean in closer to the monitor, a little more, and you'll be able to taste these. And if that doesn't work for you, then go right away to the kitchen, and bake these! It will barely take 10 minutes! You'll thank me later :P