I am just writing this post after submitting the last assignment of my life. I do have a dissertation due, but this is the last assignment ever. I'm pretty saturated with all the writing, so I'm going to keep this one short.
I was assigned Dancing Veggies blog, and had a lot of great options, but picked these bars, but forgot a step where I had to add the chips into the cookie layer. I made up for it by putting a chocolate layer on top, and these tasted amazing. I've changed up the proportions a bit, because I feel they need more of the cheesecake taste.
Chocolate Cookie Dough Cheesecake BarsInspired by Dancing Veggies
1 cup [120 g] flour
1/4 tsp salt1/2 tsp baking soda
1 stick [113 g / 8 oz] butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips - or alternately, you can add a chocolate layer like I did, following this recipe
For the cheesecake layer.
16 oz cream cheese
4 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease and line a 9x9 pan, with overhang
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Now beat in the egg and mix well.
- Add the flours to the butter mixture, and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips, if using. Lay this onto the pan.
- In a clean bowl, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla. Pour onto the cookie dough layer. Bake for 25 minutes, until the center is a little jiggly and the sides are set.
- Cool, and if using a chocolate layer, pour on top. Cut into squares and serve.