I made homemade marshmallows the other day, and ate my first s'more. Oh my. There goes the diet! I loved them soo much, I ate like 5 of them, and they were huge!
I've also joined this new blogging group, the secret recipe club, headed by Amanda of Amanda's Cookin. We're allotted a different blog each month, which is kept a secret till posting date, I got Amanda's blog itself :) Its a lot of fun, go to her blog if you want to register.
So anyway, I was looking for a recipe in her blog, plus I wanted to make something with the marshmallows. And I found this cookie! It was perfect, and it looked gorgeous! It tastes gorgeous too, the almost brownie-ish cookie, with the stringy, gooey marshmallows. Ah yum! Do try them, its a very easy recipe, came together in like 10 minutes!
Mississippi Mud CookiesRecipe by Amanda via Megan
Makes about 24
1 12-oz bag semisweet chocolate chips, separated
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. miniature marshmallows
- Melt 1 cup [170 g / 6 oz] of the chocolate chips, set aside to come to room temp.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beating between each addition. Stir in the cooled chocolate till well incorporated.
- Now add in the flour, mix just until incorporated. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips, refigerate dough for an hour.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350 F [180 C], and drop tablespoon sized heaps on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Dot the top with mini marshmallows, and bake for about 12 minutes, till edges feel done. Cool on sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to cookie rack.